Friday, October 24, 2008

Not so crafty me and crayon eating kid!



So, I was inspired by other blogs and crafty sites but craftiness is not my thing. I like practical crafts that are done in less than a hour. Don't get me wrong, I do love to sew and I am working on knitting but I want something I can use at the end. But I thought it would be some developmental skill Cal should learn. Since coloring isn't going so well I wanted Cal to move beyond his love of cutting (scissors, paper and a huge mess). I got out paints and crayons and paper and Cal and I were off! Finger painting with a one year old is too messy for indoors so I put Blaise in his high chair and gave him some paper too (but no crayons or paint). Cal and I were so into our craft that we didn't hear the beaver like mauwing that was going on next to us. How a he got a hold of two crayons while being strapped to his chair I do not know but he polished off most of them. I am figuring that they are non-toxic and we will see them again soon! Fun times! It did seem to affect him- AT ALL! I can only imagine what he will be putting into his mouth in the future! The finger painting went well and Cal has a nice piece of art! But just so you know... washable paint doesn't always mean washable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Should be a colorful diaper tomorrow!! Isn't it hard to use those eyes on the back of our heads?? Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Great Photos!
I love the Face!

Julie said...

The Photos are GREAT!
What a Wonderful Face :)