Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not for the weak stomach...

There is just nothing like watching my boy's in pain. Last night I held my little boy (away from me and over the tub) as he threw up. His little eyes looked at me asking me to make it stop. It breaks my heart while at the same time I am chanting in my head "don't throw up". My stomach just isn't as strong as it used to be and I figure it's best to have only one of us throwing up. We are at home today and I am feeding us all very sparingly. It takes a full 24 hours to know we are all healthy. I learned this the hard way when I took Cal to Fred Meyer after a bought with the flu... he was not quite better yet and I watched him helplessly as he threw up half way through our shopping trip in the health food isle on me! I stood there surrounded by hazardous material signs paper toweling us off and listening to a gal argue with her co-worker about who was going to clean it up. I left the store. Funny story now, but I prefer to stay at home until all signs of vomiting are gone!

3 comments:

Gram said...

So sorry about that. There are some aspects of raising kids that we all seem to survive and fortunately are forgotten. May tomorrow be a better day.

Sarah said...

Wow. So sorry to hear that Cal's not feeling well. I hope he perks up soon (for both of your sakes).

John Stone said...

oh, bummer - and you had such a wellness streak going! but i guess i'd rather you be sick when we aren't there to catch it...