Monday, December 8, 2008

Homemade Playdoh!


I have been on the lookout for a great playdoh recipe and have finally found it! I love homemade playdoh for many reasons. It can be eaten (Blaise just can't help himself) it's warm and really nothing like store bought playdoh and lastly because my mom made homemade playdoh and it just takes me back to my childhood (you're the best mom!). So... after many not so great recipes here's the best playdoh recipe I have seen so far! I am thinking of trying two packs of Kool-aid to make the color stronger. I don't think I've ever used this stuff to drink but it makes great playdoh color! It smells great too (but doesn't taste like it smells as Blaise found out!). http://www.simplymoms.com/ is where I found the recipe.

Kool-aid Dough

Flour 3cups
Salt 1 1/2 cups
Water 3 cups
Vegetable Oil 2TB.
Cream of tartar 1TB.
unsweetened "Kool-Aid" 1pkg.

Mix ALL of the ingredients in a large saucepan.
Cook over medium low heat, until the dough comes away
from the edges of the pan and it becomes difficult to move the spoon. At this point it looks like a sticky mess and will never be playdoh, but once it's cooled it becomes the real thing! Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled.
Place on counter or wax paper knead 3-4 times.
Store in an air tight container.

2 comments:

Julie said...

We always had homemade also. I love the smell of it. Mom (of course) had a good recipe I will check it with your recipe and see if they are different. Oh man I want to go make play doh now. I am really glad you updated your blog I have faithfully kept checking :)

rachel said...

too fun-my mom always made us homeade playdough too-have youe ver had the peanutbutter kind-? yummy stuff!